Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Montana
Marketing Communications Consultant, May 2018 – Present
Senior Bilingual Editor, May 2015 – January 2018
- Senior Spanish Editor/Proofreader for all brands in the national WellPoint account (Anthem Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, Anthem HealthKeepers, etc.)
- Oversaw Spanish voiceover recording session for Anthem national radio campaign.
- Translated advertising and marketing collateral between English and Spanish.
- Other accounts that I’ve worked include:
• Pharma clients: Orencia, Gerber, etc.
• Financial clients: Visa, MetLife, SoFi, etc.
• Retail clients: Under Armour, etc.
• Hospitality clients: Universal Orlando, Airbnb, Hyatt, Virgin America, etc.
• Technology clients: Samsung, DirecTV, HBO, Cisco, etc.
• Non-Profit clients: American Cancer Society, Northwell Health Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, etc.
- Content Coordinator for Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) -Spanish-language website -Translated legal aid informational articles, social media posts, and forms from English to Spanish for their website -Technology tools include: Drupal, Sprout Social, Google Spreadsheets and Docs, and JIRA
- Communications Consultant for Hispano Law Group –Proposal Writing, Social Media, and Media Consultant for this law firm
- Bilingual Copywriter for Chicago Zoological Society -Created the Spanish-language content for their visitor’s brochure (Long and short-form copy)
- Bilingual Copywriter for Culinary Sales Support, INC. (CSSI Culinary + Marketing) –Food industry clients include: Sysco (Long-form copy)
- Bilingual Copywriter for Media Made Great –Technology clients include: Time Warner Cable (Short-form copy)
- Bilingual Copywriter for The Chicago Community Trust –Created long-form content for their website about the 2015 Chicago Ideas Week event
- Spanish-language Audio Producer for Chicago Public Media –Produced several audio stories aired in this public radio station
- Bilingual Blog Coordinator for Radio Ambulante –Coordinated and created long-form content for the website of this Latin American podcast
- Spanish Translator for Land of Lincoln Health -Created short-form copy for this health insurance company
Associate Editor, October 2010 – December 2014
- Associate Editor for iLit, Pearson’s digital educational program
- Editorial and Content Development Coordinator
- Bilingual Editor and Proofreader
Editorial Coordinator, February 2010 – October 2010
- Planned and assigned coverage for this Spanish-language online news media outlet.
- Editorial Assistant for Puerto Rico Cooperativista (Puerto Rico Credit Unions League’s newspaper)
Reporter/Journalist, February 2009 – February 2010
- Reported on a variety of stories about different topics: current events, human interest, etc.
- Research and interviews for the photo-journalism book, A través del lente de Claridad
Intern, December 2008
VOCALO Radio Storytelling Workshop en español, Chicago Public Media (October 2014)
Fellow at the Gabriel García Márquez Fellowship in Cultural Journalism, New Journalism Foundation (FNPI), Colombia (2015)
M.A. Mass Media and Cultural Studies, University of Nottingham, UK (2009)
B.A. Social Sciences, University of Puerto Rico (2007)
- Academic exchange student for one year at the University of Seville, Spain (September 2005- June 2006)